Đánh giá chủ đề:
  • 0 Vote(s) - Trung bình 0
Zach Allen Jersey
OAKLAND Kyler Murray Jersey , Calif. (AP) — For the Raiders, playing out the string of another losing season has become an all-too-regular occurrence in recent years. They are on their way to their 12th season with double-digit losses in the past 16 years.For the Denver Broncos, it’s rather new territory.The Broncos (6-8) head into Monday night’s game at Oakland (3-11) needing to win their final two games to avoid their first back-to-back losing campaigns since 1971-72.Article continues below ...“We want to win. These next two games are important for us to finish the right way,” coach Vance Joseph said. “That part is very important to me. It’s about winning. That’s what it’s about. It’s not about losing, it’s about winning. That’s very important to our football team and our coaches.”The Broncos have by far the longest streak in the NFL without consecutive losing seasons with New England holding the next longest, having last done it in 1992-93.Denver began the month with playoff aspirations after beating Cincinnati to get to 6-6. But back-to-back losses to San Francisco and Cleveland ended those hopes and had the Broncos looking for other goals.“Me personally, I just want to finish strong,” cornerback Bradley Roby said. “Hopefully get some more turnovers. I only have three so far this year and I just want to make some more. I love to play and I love to make turnovers. That’s my focus, just to have fun.”The Raiders are just hoping to get out of this season without more injuries. A series of injuries to the offensive line has played a big part in Derek Carr getting sacked 47 times — third most in the league. Carr is the first player in four years to get sacked at least three times in seven consecutive games, but remains on pace for his first career 4,000-yard season.“I think he’s hanging in there,” coach Jon Gruden said. “No question, I am sure he is sore. He knows he is carrying us right now on offense. That’s what a franchise quarterback is paid to do.”Here are some other things to watch:GOODBYE OAKLANDThe game could be the final one ever at the Coliseum. The Raiders are set to move to Las Vegas in 2020 but have no lease for next year. Oakland city officials are suing the Raiders over the move and the team has threatened to play somewhere else because of it. Gruden said thinking about the end of the Coliseum almost makes him cry, but he can’t wait to see what the atmosphere will be like Monday night.“I get excited thinking about it Byron Murphy Jersey ,” he said. “Just raging in the Black Hole. Rocking and raging down there after the Steelers game, after a lot of wins over the years. Seeing a lot of the old highlights of the great Raiders teams. I get excited and I get emotional about it. Hopefully, we get it all resolved where we can continue to play here.”ROOKIE SENSATIONBroncos running back Phillip Lindsay has been bottled up the last two weeks but he’s 9 rushing yards shy of 1,000 and just became the first offensive undrafted player selected to the Pro Bowl. Lindsay said he never pondered the possibility, suggesting that was a long-term goal of his a few years into his career. Lindsay started out as a special-teamer and didn’t even become Denver’s featured back until midseason, starting the last seven games.“I’m an undrafted free agent. To be able to have 100 yards in a game was great. To get a touchdown, to be able to play at (Mile High Stadium), that’s the stuff right there that I dreamt about,” Lindsay said.ROUGH ROOKIERaiders first-round left tackle Kolton Miller has had a rough rookie year. The 15th overall pick in the draft was hampered by a knee injury he played through earlier in the season and has appeared overmatched against a gantlet of top pass rushers he’s faced in his first NFL season. According to Pro Football Focus, Miller has allowed more sacks (14) and total pressures (59) than any player in the league.It doesn’t figure to get easier this week against Denver’s dynamic duo of Von Miller and Bradley Chubb.“He’s had some really good games. He’s had some games where he’s had his eyes opened,” Gruden said. “He’s not the first rookie left tackle that has gone through this. We’d like to see him finish with some authority.”CORNERED AT CORNERBACKThe Broncos signed free agent Craig Mager after putting star cornerback Chris Harris Jr. on IR with a broken right leg. Denver also expects to get Brendan Langley and Isaac Yiadom back from concussions and will have Bradley Roby back after he required five stitches last week for a laceration on his chin that he could stick his tongue through.And Jamar Taylor is back. His ejection last weekend left the Broncos with only one healthy cornerback in Tremaine Brock, and Cleveland scored its winning TD with safeties Justin Simmons and Dymonte Harris forced into route coverage in the fourth quarter. INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Kyler Murray may not show off his arm or his legs at the NFL scouting combine, but on Thursday he assuaged colossal concerns about his size.The Heisman Trophy-winning dual-threat quarterback and speedy outfielder from the University of Oklahoma checked in at just over 5-foot-10 and 207 pounds with a hand size, as measured from his pinkie to his thumb Andy Isabella Jersey , of 9½ inches.“I don’t know why people think Kyler is 5-8,” said running back Rodney Anderson, Murray’s college teammate and fellow NFL hopeful. “I don’t know where that came from. I’m 6-foot — I look small next to our offensive line. Anybody is going to look small next to our offensive line.“He’s a solid 5-10, he’s heavy, he’s fast. He’s a heck of an athlete. His size was never an issue.”And now it’s less of one for many NFL teams.Although he’s the shortest quarterback measured at the combine since 2003, those numbers were welcome news for Murray, the executives and coaches gathered in Indianapolis and fans wondering how his size would affect his draft stock.“Quarterbacks come in all shapes and sizes,” New York Giants coach Pat Shurmur said. “Russell Wilson won a Super Bowl. I think you’ve got to look at the total player, you’ve got to look at his productivity and you’ve got to look at whether he fits.”Murray compares favorably to Wilson in 2012 and Baker Mayfield, last year’s top overall draft pick. Murray is a half-inch shorter but 3 pounds heavier than Wilson, and his hand is a quarter-inch larger than Mayfield’s.Murray’s measurements might be his most significant results at the combine because he is not expected to throw or compete in any other quarterback drills at Lucas Oil Stadium this week.After signing a contract with a $4.66 million signing bonus as the ninth overall pick in June by baseball’s Oakland Athletics, Murray led Oklahoma to the College Football Playoff in his only season as the starter while posting the second-best passer efficiency rating in Bowl Subdivision history.Before throwing for 4,361 yards and 42 touchdowns and running for 1,001 yards and 12 scores Zach Allen Jersey , Murray’s only extensive college experience was a rough freshman season at Texas A&M in 2015. After transferring to Oklahoma, he was the backup to Mayfield.Murray announced a few weeks ago he was choosing the gridiron over the diamond .How much Murray’s size will factor into his success in the NFL is a matter of great speculation among the league’s talent evaluators.“I think it’s been proven to not be as much of a factor as maybe it was years ago,” Los Angeles Raiders coach Jon Gruden said. “I don’t know that it’s a true impact on the position or the performance.”Shurmur said what impressed him while looking at Murray’s 2018 tapes was that “for a sub-6-foot player, he had only five balls batted down.”While size may not matter, Denver Broncos general manager John Elway suggested that the system certainly does. He said shorter quarterbacks see the field better out of the shotgun, and most of this year’s class, including Murray, has taken only a handful of snaps from under center in college.The problem is, NFL teams typically mix it up, putting the QB under center at least occasionally to balance the offense, empower the ground game and keep defenses guessing.“That’s where height does matter a little bit more,” said Elway, who, at 6-3 Hakeem Butler Jersey , was adept in either formation. “But if you’re playing in shotgun every down like a lot of these guys, then the height, to me, does not have nearly the impact that it normally would if you’re coming out from underneath.”Murray is the most intriguing of the more than 330 prospects at this year’s combine .“Like the rest of the league, I think the kid is fascinating,” Raiders general manager Mike Mayock said. “It’s kind of where are we going as a league at the quarterback position. Is he too small? Is he dynamic? I think we’re all trying to figure him out. I think all 32 teams in the league are trying to figure out the entire position.”Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said speed trumps size at quarterback in today’s NFL with all the run-pass option plays and other trickery that has seeped in from the spread systems in college.“I don’t think you can hit someone you can’t catch,” Arians said. “I look forward to his workout and seeing his talent. I think Baker killed that myth a little bit about being too short. Oklahoma has a really tall offensive line, so he’s used to that.”Seattle Seahawks general manager John Schneider said shorter QBs “have to have the feet, the eyes and the quickness to locate secondary receivers really quick. They have to be able to move and get in the passing lanes.”Like Wilson.“I think we’ve kind of proven Russell is a fantastic trendsetter,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said.
Trả lời

Đi tới chuyên mục:

Thành viên đang xem chủ đề: 1 Khách