Đánh giá chủ đề:
  • 0 Vote(s) - Trung bình 0
Ben Powers Jersey
A pair of two-homer performances. A bases-loaded triple Will Grier Jersey , followed by another triple. So many unusual things went into Chicago’s biggest comeback of the season that even the White Sox had trouble keeping track.
No matter. They’ll take it.
Daniel Palka and Avisail Garcia each homered twice, and Yoan Moncada tripled with the bases loaded in the 12th inning as the White Sox pulled off their biggest comeback and beat the Cincinnati Reds 12-8 on Tuesday night.
”Well, a lot going on today,” manager Rick Renteria said.
It was a night of non-stop offense, right from the outset.
Trailing 7-2 after five innings, the White Sox pulled even in the ninth on Garcia’s solo homer off Raisel Iglesias, then pulled it out with the help of a couple of Reds errors.
”That last inning was tough,” said Reds second baseman Scooter Gennett, whose error opened the way.
The White Sox loaded the bases with a walk and two errors. Moncada’s opposite-field triple off Jackson Stephens (2-1) broke the tie, and Yolmer Sanchez followed with another triple.
Hector Santiago (3-3) fanned six in two innings as the White Sox extended their domination in the interleague series. They’re 17-5 all-time against the Reds http://www.carolinapanthersteamonline.co...ler-jersey , including 11-3 in Cincinnati.
”Surreal,” said Chicago starter Lucas Giolito, who gave up three homers but wound up on the winning side. ”From my perspective, I didn’t get the job done. It’s an awesome feeling that these guys play hard behind you.”
Jim Riggleman was ejected by plate umpire Eric Cooper during Chicago’s winning rally, his first ejection as the Reds’ interim manager. They had words as Riggleman was signaling from the dugout for an intentional walk.
”Then he made some comment that I didn’t like,” Riggleman said. ”That’s kind of how the whole game went.”
The Reds got the better of a free-swinging game early on, surging ahead 4-0 before Giolito could record an out. Jose Peraza opened with a triple, Gennett hit his 14th homer , Joey Votto walked, and Eugenio Suarez followed with his 17th homer . Suarez performed a salsa dance with Votto after he crossed the plate.
Adam Duvall added a three-run shot into the upper deck in left field in the fifth inning off Giolito for a 7-2 lead Jordan Scarlett Jersey , the second time in his career that the right-hander has allowed three homers in a game.
Anthony DeSclafani also gave up a career-high three homers – two by Palka and one by Garcia, who went 3 for 6 and extended his hitting streak to a career-high 13 games.
INTERLEAGUE
The White Sox are 4-10 in interleague play this season. The Reds are 7-2. The loss snapped their streak of six straight wins against the AL.
LONG TIME COMING
The last time the White Sox and Reds played an extra-inning game was Game 6 of the ”Black Sox” World Series in 1919. Chicago won that game 5-4 in 10 innings at Crosley Field.
HOMECOMING
Giolito started the Futures Game as part of the All-Star festivities at Great American Ball Park in 2015 and pitched two scoreless innings .
SLOPPY, SLOPPY
The Reds committed a season-high four errors – two by Suarez at third, one by Peraza at shortstop and one by Gennett at second base.
ROBBED … SORT OF
Sanchez’s triple in the 12th came on a weird play. Right fielder Brandon Dixon stretched above the wall and grabbed the fly ball – robbing Sanchez of a homer – but the glove flipped off his hand as he hit the wall and the ball deflected back onto the field.
TRAINER’S ROOM
White Sox: Jose Abreu was out of the lineup a day after he fouled a pitch off his left ankle. X-rays were negative. Abreu pinch hit in the 11th inning and grounded out.
Reds: Homer Bailey threw 103 pitches in 6 2/3 innings of a rehab appearance for Triple-A Louisville on Tuesday night, giving up one run and seven hits while fanning eight. Bailey has been sidelined since June 2 by a sore right knee.
UP NEXT
White Sox: Dylan Covey (3-3) is 0-1 with a 12.71 ERA in his last three starts, walking 12 in 11 1/3 innings and giving up 16 runs.
Reds: Sal Romano (4-8) went 1-2 with a 3.90 ERA in five June starts. He’s been limited to five innings in four of his last six starts.

ATLANTA (AP) — Bill Belichick is now standing shoulder to shoulder with the NFL’s all-time greatest coaching icons.When considering his place in history, Belichick’s accomplishments transcend the Super Bowl era after his New England Patriots‘ 13-3 Super Bowl 53 win over the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday night.Belichick has joined George Halas and Curly Lambeau as the only coaches to win six NFL titles.Vince Lombardi won five titles, including two Super Bowls. Lombardi is the namesake of the Super Bowl trophy which was displayed Monday when Belichick and Julian Edelman, the MVP of Sunday’s game , discussed the Patriots’ latest championship.Belichick said it was “incredibly flattering” to hear his name mentioned with the coaching legends. He said Halas was friends with his father Steve Belichick Greedy Williams Jersey , who played for the Detroit Lions and was a longtime assistant coach at Navy.“I grew up watching coach Halas,” Belichick said.Lombardi, “Papa Bear” Halas and Lambeau are the names which have been mentioned with Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, Paul Brown, Don Shula, Tom Landry, Joe Gibbs and others as the greatest NFL coaches.That was before Belichick began collecting championships. He now has two more Super Bowl titles than Noll’s previous record of four and must be included in any grouping of all-time greatest coaches.NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday described Belichick’s record of success as “incredible” and “unprecedented.”“We’re grateful to see him continue to have great football teams and bring them together in a way I don’t think any other coach has ever done in the history of the game,” Goodell said.Belichick still has quarterback Tom Brady, so the Patriots can’t be overlooked in the early discussion of teams which could reach Super Bowl 54 in Miami.“I competed against some of those coaches and some I didn’t compete against but I was aware of http://www.ravensfootballauthentics.com/...-authentic ,” Belichick said. “Coach Lombardi, as a kid growing up and watching the first Super Bowl. It’s incredibly flattering.”Belichick said the championship is “a team accomplishment” and said “our entire team and organization put forth a superior and supreme effort to achieve that. That’s really what it’s all about, about how all of us came together and pulled our own weight so we could achieve our team goals. … It’s what we were able to accomplish as a team that makes me the most proud.”Brady, 41, said Sunday he plans to keep playing . Similarly, Belichick, 66, has made no mention of retiring, so there’s no reason to think he has finished setting new standards for his profession.Edelman said early in his career he saw Belichick on a treadmill, watching game film Ben Powers Jersey , late at night at the team’s practice facility.The wide receiver said he told Belichick “You sure like football.” Edelman said the coach responded “‘Beats being a plumber. See you tomorrow.'”Belichick provided evidence of his attention to detail on Monday when he questioned Edelman’s version of that exchange. The coach’s clarification came immediately after taking the microphone.“First of all, I think Julian might have misquoted me,” Belichick said in his typical dry tone. “I have a ton of respect for plumbers. Those people do a great job. I think I said it beats working. But anyway.”With that, it was on to football. It’s not too early to start planning a way to break that tie with Halas and Lambeau.
Trả lời

Đi tới chuyên mục:

Thành viên đang xem chủ đề: 1 Khách